Monday, December 1, 2008

It's been a loooong day.

Today was... well, it was interesting. It kind of got off to a bad start, but kinda got better in the end. It started out with Sam, Cindy, Ed and I all going to the social security office so I could get my name changed on my card... just to find out that we had to go all the way to Carthage (which is about the same distance as from Lowpoint to Peoria) to get a copy of our marriage license. Now I figured if I had our marriage certificate, birth certificate, ID, and the old social security card we'd be okay. Nope. So we went to Carthage, and got a copy of our marriage license (which cost $9 and we had to borrow from Cindy and Ed). We went BACK to the social security office, and we had to wait in line for a bunch of other people before us. And there was this one woman who had two kids with her and it seemed like she just couldn't grasp the concept of watching her kids when she takes them out in public. There were a couple of occasions where her little 1 yr old boy almost went out the door. I felt like smacking her up side the head. At any rate, so it's finally our turn and I get my social security card taken care of. Then we went to Aldi thinking that they took credit cards. Well they do but, as it turns out, they're the only store on the planet that ONLY takes DISCOVER! I mean, what the hell? So, anyways, we ended up having to put a few things back just so we could get $6 worth of food. Hooray.

So I came back to find that Walmart had called me while we were out. So I called them back and they wanted me to come in to finish some paperwork and take a drug test (I had to go somewhere else for that). The manager said that she was going on lunch at 2 and she would be back around 3. So we rushed to get there before 2, but that didn't happen. We had gotten there just as she went on lunch... at 2. To pass the time Sam and Cindy sat and watched Wall-E on one of the TVs in the electronics section while I looked at video games and stuff. 3 comes around, so I go back to the personell office and they told me she hadn't come back from lunch yet and to come back at 3:30. So I was like "wtf okay.." So I killed some more time. FINALLY I get to talk to her and get my paperwork done so I could go to the drug testing facility. Since I had to wait so long for her, I had already gone pee otherwise I would've peed all over myself. And that would have been embarassing. So Sam and I got some sodas and I chugged one down on the way there just so I could fill the cup barely to what I needed it to be. AND I almost farted on my hand. By the time I got home I was getting all cranky and was ready to take a NAP. lol

So that was my day in a nutchell...

1 comment:

Nrrrd Grrrl said...

wheeeee Commenting on my own post!