Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Dream I Dreamt.

A Dream I Dreamt.

A bump, a whisper,
"Who's there", I say
and am replied with nothing.
I go back to sleep,
I dream of her,
a girl in flowing white,
whispering to me of things I need to hear.
And I wake to find her standing there,
a cold damp chills me.

"Who are you?", I ask
and am replied with nothing.
I go back to sleep.
In my dreams, I see her there,
beckoning to me.
I follow her.

She leads me to
a place, or a time,
where nothing is there that ever was.
It is shimmering,
a place I dreamt so long ago.

There are fields around me,
a soft focus,
and she whispers to me of things I need to hear.
As she whispers, flowers come to bloom.
Flowers I've never seen before,
all red and purple and gold.
We dance among the flowers and the wheats,
dancing,
dancing.

And she whispers to me some more,
and we fall asleep in the field,
dreaming of beautiful things.
When we wake, we eat the fruit of the trees
that have blossomed as we dreamed they would do.

And when I wake,
she is nothing but a distant memory
and I taste the fruit of forgotten dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing Poem!

BB,
Malick